KIDS' CAMPUS DIRECTORS INFO
SUNDAY MORNING INFORMATION
sunday elements: NEW & NEWER
NEW: KIDS TEAM SHIRTS
- Kids Team shirts have made a comeback! Be sure that everyone who is scheduled to serve is wearing their Kids Team shirt. Unfortunately, we are not allowing teammates to wear their old JRNY Kids shirts because we want to look uniform. Please inform teammates of this so that there is no confusion.
NEW: JRNY KIDS CLEAN UP SONG
- It's official - we have our own clean up song! Please be sure that teammates in all rooms are implementing this at the end of each experience while they get the kids serving by cleaning up. We want to move in the direction where kids are even singing this song at home when they're cleaning up!
NEWER: COUNT SHEET FORM
- To keep better track of our numbers, please submit your Sunday count through the Count Sheet Form found under "Kids Campus Director Forms". By doing this, we no longer need to attach a picture of our count sheet! This form should be filled out right after you do the 2nd experience count. There is also no need to post a picture of your count with your recap. However, we still need to be write our count down and send a picture to the Campus Director!
- NOTE: Only Kids Directors are to take count, not the Coordinators!
NEWER: ALLERGY DOT STICKERS
- We are continuing to implement the Allergy Dot Stickers! Just like how we utilize the teal dot stickers to indicate that a child is staying for both experiences, we will be utilizing red dot stickers to indicate that a child has an allergy. This will make teammates more aware of it!
- When a child has a red dot sticker on their name tag, we need to look at their name tag to know their specific allergy. If there is a whiteboard in the room, we need to also write their allergy down next to their name! This will ensure that we are taking every precaution that we can. The Allergy Dot Stickers should go hand and hand with the Multiple Experience Dot Stickers!
- KD / COORDINATOR: CONTACTING PARENTS DURING EXPERIENCE
- We will use ClubTexting to contact Parents who may need to attend to their children.
- Make sure your coordinators are trained on how to login, compose & send the message!
- It may even be helpful to train a few security teammates to be aware of how to use this process as well!
- “Hello, your child, _____________, is in need of your assistance. See you soon at the check-in desk in JRNYkids! Thanks, JRNYkids Team"
- TRAINING NEW TEAMMATE
- When there is a new teammate scheduled to train, reach out to the trainer and attach THIS document to let them know of the practical steps to take to be an excellent trainer.
COMMUNITY PARTNER: MAY: COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL
- This is an organization that works to release children from poverty in many poor countries around the world. For just a few dollars a day, children can receive healthcare, education, shelter, nutrition, water, and even Bible teaching!
Check out their website HERE for more information!
- Compassion Sunday is this week! We'll give people the opportunity after & between experiences to 'adopt' children by supporting them monthly, and see how many kids' lives we can change across 5 campuses by stepping up in this way! An email (or emails) will be sent out in the coming weeks with more details as they relate to your specific campus!
- Our next WTCN will be June 4th
- We will be having Family Dedications on June 9th at all locations. This is an opportunity for parents to make a stand and commit themselves to raise their family God's way. Families children up to age 12 are welcome to participate in the dedication!
additional SUNDAY ELEMENTS
HOW OUR CHURCH GROWS: THE CYCLE OF CONNECTION
Over the course of the past 10 years, the leadership at Journey began to recognize the path that people take when growing in their walk with Christ & developing in their leadership. The image shown here demonstrates what that looks like & how our church continues to grow: we call it the Cycle of Connection. It's important to realize that without any one of these areas being strong, our church will suffer.
BEHIND THE SCENES: PROCESSES
KIDS NEXT STEP: JOIN THE TEAM
NEW TEAMMATE PROCEDURE: CLEARANCES
- When a guest joins us for church on Sunday and signs up to serve, the Campus Director reaches out to them via text + email with the link to the Join the Team form.
- Kids' Campus Directors will receive their Join the Team form once it is completed and be able to see their upcoming Sundays that they are available to serve. However, Lynn will be the first person to contact them to ensure that we have all of their clearances before getting them onto the schedule.
- These are the 3 clearances that we need from them:
- PA State Background Check (we cannot accept a copy that they already have)
- Child Abuse History Clearance (we can accept a copy that they already have)
- Affidavit form (they will need to sign one if they have lived in PA for the past 10 consecutive years) OR FBI Fingerprint (if they have not lived in PA for the past 10 consecutive years - we can accept a copy that they already have)
- These are the 3 clearances that we need from them:
- After Lynn has received all of the clearances that she needs from that person, she will email you to let you know that you are able to schedule them. Be sure to refer back to their Join the Team form to see what dates you should schedule them for. If the dates have passed, contact the new teammate and ask them for their next two available Sundays to begin training.
NEW TEAMMATE PROCEDURE: IMPORT INTO PLANNING CENTER
- Once you receive an email from Lynn letting you know that you're able to schedule the new teammate, import them into Planning Center so that they receive tutorials on how to use the website/app and so that you are able to schedule them for their first serve dates. Visit HERE to login to Planning Center and begin. Search the new teammate's name and then click on their name.
- When you click on their name, select "Yes, add to Services".
- After clicking "Yes, add to Services", you'll be prompted to send them the Welcome Email. Select "Submit" to complete the process.
- You'll know that the import process is complete when you reach the page shown below. You may begin scheduling them for their next available serve dates!
NEW TEAMMATE PROCEDURE: ADDING THEIR 1st + 2nd SERVE DATES
- Once you've scheduled the new teammate and they've confirmed their dates, be sure to add in their 1st + 2nd serve dates to indicate that the new teammate is officially on the schedule. Visit HERE to login to People and begin. Search their name at the top right and click on it to be taken to their profile
- When you're taken to their profile, select the tab to the left that says "Next Step. SERVE."
- Once you've clicked on the "Next Step. SERVE." tab, select the blue button labeled as "Edit Answers" towards the top right. Afterwards, you are able to put in the new teammate's first and second serve date. Once you've entered it in, click on "Save".
- After you entered the dates and clicked on "Save", Lynn will be able to see that the new teammate has been officially scheduled and she will mark their serve team status as complete!
NEW TEAMMATE NOTEBOOK:
- Whenever someone new joins your team, for their first day of serving you'll want to write on the inside cover a personal note and/or verse that will encourage them in this new journey. Be sure to give it to the trainer so that when they greet the new teammate they can give them their notebook!
- Click HERE for the Trainer's Document